Dr. Blackmon specializes in orthopaedic surgery, sports medicine and foot and ankle surgery. His special interests include minimally invasive surgery and reconstructive surgery. He works with a wide variety of patients, from weekend warriors to young athletes, to help them recover and resume the activities they enjoy.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship Trained in Sports Medicine and Foot and Ankle Surgery
Subspecialty / Special Interests
- Sports Medicine
- Foot and Ankle Disorders
- Arthroscopy and Reconstructive Surgery
Education and Training
- MD: Meharry Medical College, Nashville, Tennessee 1996
- Residency: Fletcher Allen Health Care, University of Vermont 2001
- Fellowship: Institute for Bone & Joint Disorders, Phoenix, Arizona 2002
- Served eight years as a surgical technician in the U.S. Air Force Reserves.
- Currently in the U.S. Navy Reserves in Tulsa providing services as an orthopaedic surgeon. Deployed to Afghanistan in support of the 325th Combat Field Hospital for eight months in 2004-2005.
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- Tulsa County Medical Society
About Dr. Blackmon
Dr. Blackmon and his family chose Tulsa to establish his medical practice after visiting many locations across the United States. Attracted to Tulsa for its medical and hometown community, excellent schools, and music opportunities for their children, they are active members of the community.
Dr. Blackmon’s interests include sports, music, boating and fishing, and photography.